Interesting Facts https://sligotourism.ie/interesting-facts/
• Sligo is the capital of County Sligo, and is the gateway to the North West and the Northern Ireland.
• Sligo is a popular surf destination – it has the most consistent swell of anywhere in Europe – the slow and regular movement of the sea in rolling waves that do not break. There are seven beaches within 10 km: Enniscrone, Streedagh, Strandhill, Rosses Point, Easkey, Mullaghmore, Cullenamore.
• In 2016, there were 19.199 Sligonians.
• In Irish, Sligeach means ‘place of shells’.
• Approx. 6 000 students attends lectures in IT Sligo every year
From the Wild Atlantic Way to the Leitrim Lakelands, Leitrim has so much to offer including a vast choice of great places to stay, excellent visitor attractions, shops, pubs and restaurants. The natural landscape lends itself so well to activities including walking, running, road & mountain biking, canoeing, rock climbing and lake cruises to name just a few.
Reasons to choose Leitrim – http://www.leitrimbusiness.ie/Business/Starting-a-Business/Key-Facts-on-Leitrim
1. Central – 2 hours from Dublin, Belfast
2. Willing team of local businesses and business support agencies to help you achieve your business set-up in Leitrim
3. Access to cross border business support programmes due to location on border with Northern Ireland
4. Skilled employees both within the county and access to 300,000 in the region
5. Range of turn-key and flexible services and manufacturing business space available
6. Stunning scenery – mountainous rugged North, lakes and rivers in the South
7. Rail Access – 8 times daily each way on Dublin Sligo line
8. Less than an hour from Ireland West airport
9. Quality of life second to none